Want to know the secret to creating viral videos that get shared across social media? It’s simple: you need a great script. But what makes for a good video script? And how do you write one that will stand out from the crowd? Read on for tips from our resident video expert, and soon you’ll be writing scripts that people can’t stop talking about!
Know Your Audience
No matter what type of video you’re making, knowing your audience is key. You need to know who they are, what they like and dislike, and what’s important to them. This will help you write a script that speaks directly to them in the most effective way possible.
When it comes to viral video scripts or any other type of writing for that matter, there are two ways you can approach understanding your audience: quantitative analysis (statistics) and qualitative analysis (personality traits). Both have their uses but we’ll focus on the latter because it’s more useful when trying to create an engaging piece of content that people actually want to watch—and share!
Know What’s Popular
To get started, take a look at the top content in your niche. What’s popular? What do people share online? What are they talking about on social media? This will give you an indication of what is “trending” and therefore likely to have viral potential.
For example, if you’re creating a video about how to make your own body lotion from scratch (or any other DIY beauty product), then it makes sense to create content that shows viewers how easy it is for them to do this themselves. If there aren’t any videos on YouTube showing people how easy it is for them to make their own body lotions or deodorants at home – something that might actually be useful – then chances are they won’t be sharing anything in the first place!
>>>If you’d like to get LIVE coaching on your copy for only FREE, check out the program, ‘Copy Coaching for 7’…https://www.copycoachingfor7.com/main
Choose A Simple Topic
- Keep it simple. Don’t try to be too clever or funny. Don’t try to do too much with the script. And don’t try to be too serious.
- Use short sentences, short words and short paragraphs (just like this).
- Make sure there aren’t any punctuation errors in your script!
Keep Your Video Short
● Keep it short.
Keep it under 2 minutes, under 60 seconds for short form video like TikTok and YouTube shorts. This seems like an obvious point to make, but we’ve seen so many videos that try to cram too much into the video because they think the longer they are, the more people will watch them. The opposite is true—the longer you make your video, the less likely people will watch it all (and if you’re not sure about this rule of thumb, ask yourself how many times you’ve watched YouTube clips that last for over 10 minutes).
● Make sure you have a clear message in mind before filming begins. Don’t make vague statements like “I want to be famous,” or “I want everyone to see my face on TV.” Instead, have one very specific goal in mind regarding what exactly needs to happen with this video: “I’m going to use this as an audition tape for a reality show” or “My product launch has gone viral and I need more sales leads.” Whatever your goal is—and we’ll get back to figuring out goals later on—make sure that it’s very clear from beginning until end of filming!
Keep Your Video Relevant
- Keep Your Video Relevant
- Don’t Talk About Things That Don’t Interest Your Audience
- Make Sure You Are Talking About What Your Audience Wants to Hear
Sharing your videos on social media is the best way to gain more followers and create more engagement.
Once you’ve completed the script, it’s time to share your videos online using social media. The best way to do this is by tagging your friends and family members in the post so they can see how amazing you look on camera. You should also use hashtags like #bestvideosever and #bestvideoever made by other people who are trying to get more likes or followers on Instagram or YouTube.
Social media is an essential part of any marketing strategy for your video. You can use it to share your videos with millions of people, but make sure that you’re using the right hashtags and tagging relevant users in those posts so they see them too! This will help build up your audience and increase engagement levels with new viewers
>>>If you’d like to get LIVE coaching on your copy for only $7/month, check out the program, ‘Copy Coaching for 7’…https://www.copycoachingfor7.com/main